Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone! I hope this day brings you joy and time with your loved ones.
I want to share a recipe with you that I found for Sopapilla Cheesecake Pie. I saw it in a magazine, but it is also on AllRecipes.com and won rave reviews. So - guess what one of the desserts I made for the day was...go ahead, guess. :)
Based on the reviewer suggestions I found on AllRecipes.com, I made several revisions to this recipe as the original version had many comments that it was overly sweet and took longer to bake than stated in the recipe. My revised recipe is below. Enjoy!
Sopapilla Cheesecake Pie
Pam Cooking Spray
3- 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon almond extract
2 - 8 ounce cans refrigerated crescent rolls
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup honey
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C). Prepare a 9x13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2) Unroll a can of crescent roll dough, trying not to pull apart the pieces, and use a rolling pin to shape each into a 9 x13 inch rectangle. Press one piece into the bottom of the pan, and set the second piece aside. Place pan in the oven and bake for 5-6 minutes. Remove.
3) Beat the cream cheese with the sugar, egg and extracts. Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture over the flattened crescent roll dough in the pan.
4) Place the second 9x13 crescent dough rectangle over the cream cheese mixture. Use a pastry brush to brush the melted butter over the dough. Mix sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle mixture over the top.
5) Bake in oven for approximately 45 minutes or until dough appears to be fully baked in the center. remove from oven and drizzle with honey. Cool completely in pan before cutting into 12 squares.